Patrick L. McDonough (R), District 7
House Office Building, Room 310
MD 21401 - 1991
REASONS WHY 'SPECIAL SESSION" IS A BAD IDEA by DELEGATE PAT McDONOUGH
by Delegate Pat McDonough (R - 7) -
TOP 10 REASONS WHY 'SPECIAL SESSION" IS A BAD IDEA by DELEGATE
- 10) Gaming industry economics will be depressed by additional
- 9) Six casinos will violate "fairness doctrine" by betraying
investors of the original five locations contained in the Maryland
- 8) The disruption of the competition with a new casino will
generate many job losses throughout the state.
- 7) The new competition will transform the existing facilities
into "white elephants" creating a burden for the taxpayers.
- 6) This is a "sellout" special session where legislators will
play the game "Let's Make a Deal."
- 5) The rush to judgment Special Session will not allow enough
time for serious study of the economic issues.
- 4) All of the gambling issues can be addressed in the regular
legislative session in January, 2013.
- 3)This is an abuse of power by Senate President Mike Miller
to accommodate his "special interest" friends.
- 2) This is an abuse of power by Governor Martin O'Malley to
accommodate his friends at MGM.
- 1) The Special Session is unconstitutional. There is no extraordinary
or emergency reason to waste the taxpayers' money. Bottom Line
- Winners, special interests. Losers, the taxpayers.